Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Handling bipolar off meds ..2yrs along, and still on the train

Well. On occasion I have come back to this site to see if I had an urge to pick it up again. That perfect urge never hit, just as the perfect timing to work on anything I'm procrastinating on has never hit...

But if I've learned anything these last couple of years, it's that you can't just keep putting everything off in anticipation of a perfect time. In some words of wise advice I heard recently, it's like waiting for an almighty express train to one day show up and meanwhile letting all the local ones pass you by. If you'd just get on a train, you will arrive at your destination--but instead you find yourself stuck on the platform, irritated, worried, waiting some more.

I like to add to that.. a thought that reminded me of something Nietzsche once said (although I'll save that for another day).

I'll add to that--besides: you never know when you'll change directions. And if you don't move, you can't change, nor can you actually explore your options. You often won't know which stops you'll want to change trains at, or when you'll find a sudden reason to get off and explore a particular neighborhood.. until you're at least on board.

Anyway, it occurred to me that I should start this up again.
And why not.

1 comment:

Lesllie said...

I wanted to comment on your post because I am also off bipolar meds for a year now. It was difficult at first but I found a lot of great coping ideas at http://onlineceucredit.com/edu/social-work-ceus-ba. I hope this is helpful to other bipolar sufferers out there.